FINANCE OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Rural Women Peace Link is a dynamic women-led non-governmental organization that is pro-actively engaged in promoting the rights of women through positive engagement with both state and non-state actors.
We wish to fill the vacancy of FINANCE OFFICER. The Finance Officer will be responsible for management of project funds and will work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer in carrying out financial, procurement and administration duties.
The desired candidate should possess and/or meet the following basic qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent.
- Should be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience working with NGOs in finance and procurement
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and MS Excel computer programs.
- Knowledge on QuickBooks and any other accounting softwares will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of statutory accounting
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/UN rules and regulations will be an added advantage
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English.
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili
- Daily maintenance of RWPL general ledger
- Review purchase orders and procurement documentation to ensure compliance with RWPL financial controls.
- Monitoring the RWPL’s project budget.
- Ensure that procurement processes are conducted as per the policy
- Preparing materials and supplies requisitions for the organization and doing follow ups
- Maintain supplier database for organization suppliers.
- Any other duties as assigned
The preferred candidate will be based in Eldoret office. Other tasks and responsibilities will be dictated according to the terms and conditions of the job entitlement and job description.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications with the subject: ‘Finance Officer’ and attach relevant supporting documents to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, so as to reach by Tuesday, 11th September 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are encouraged to apply. Lobbying and canvassing will not be accommodated.