COMMUNICATION OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Rural Women Peace Link (RWPL) is a dynamic women’s led non-governmental organization that is pro-actively engaged in promoting the rights of women through positive engagement with both state and non-state actors. Other programs include leadership and governance, mentorship and girl education support and peace-building and conflict mitigation.
We wish to fill the vacant position of COMMUNICATION & DOCUMENTATION OFFICER, who will be responsible for documentation and communication in RWPL. working closely with all program staff.
The desired candidate will possess and/or meet the following basic qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Journalism, Communication or other relevant field preferred.
- Significant experience working with NGOs/development sector.
- Must have experience in using different social media platforms and website maintenance
- Knowledge and interest in themes of social inclusion
- Excellent communication and articulation skills, awareness of socio-economic and political sensitivities.
- Knowledge of print production, audio visual production, voice recording.
- Ability to think creatively coupled with excellent writing skills
- Communication and people’s skills – ability to manage and work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- Advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel and electronic communication
- Strong oral communications skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and represent RWPL as required
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively in a team and with partners.
- Basic knowledge and skills in ICT.
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English.
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili.
- Good knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge on Research Methods
- Ability to write success stories
- Good proposal writing skills
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the executive Director, the Communication and Documentation Officer will:
- Manage RWPL website and social media sites, update blog weekly and monthly;
- Prepare and assist in publications such as major activity and Annual Reports.
- Document program activities including taking meeting notes, photographs, video and data verification where necessary;
- Assist with reporting, including and preparation and verification of community activity reports and other documentation as required;
- Support the Program Team, with preparation of RWPL monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Contribute to the program planning and budgeting processes as may be required
- Provide Support on Resource Mobilization
The preferred candidate will be based in Eldoret office with frequent travel to the field. Other tasks and responsibilities will be dictated according to the terms and conditions of the job entitlement and job description.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications with the subject: ‘Communications and Documentation Officer’ and attach relevant supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, so as to reach by Tuesday, 11th September 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are encouraged to apply. Lobbying and canvassing will not be accommodated.